Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We’ve got IT!

Ahhhhhh IT. The factor. The unknown quality. A certain je ne sais quois. And SoHo Expereintial has IT. We don’t toot our own horn that often, but SoHo was recently named to Event Marketer Magazine’s IT List for 2010 – you can check it out Here. We are proud to be listed alongside 99 other experiential agencies in the nation, and thrilled to be recognized for our work by our peers.

It got me thinking – what is IT? I find we are looking for IT all the time in our business; in our concept development and our personnel, but rarely do we find IT by seeking IT. This isn’t a new thought, but I always marvel at the reality behind IT – IT seems to need to be recognized or discovered, rather than invented. I suppose that IT can be crafted, but more often, IT seems to evolve organically; through the right combination of uniqueness, timing and positive perception by influential people.

In being named to the IT list, I’m somewhat curious as to why? Not because we feel we aren’t deserving of recognition, but because I want to know what our specific IT factor is… I want to bottle that stuff up! Or maybe I shouldn’t ask, because as soon as I learn about it, we’ll start focusing on IT, and thereby lose IT. Maybe we should just be happy that we have IT, and leave it at that. I wonder how many more times I can say IT before concluding this entry. It is hard to write about IT, without using the word it while doing so. Try it – it’s challenging.

Anyway, to continue. We’ve got IT, unless I just jinxed us by writing about IT. So, we’ll continue to work hard to keep IT. Thanks to everyone at SoHo, from our team in New York, to our Market Managers and Promotional Staff throughout the country – y’all put the T in Team… and IT!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment